interpol on itunes, check
Here’s me trying to write these two lab reports
and trying to not cry when I think about everything else that I need to have done by the end of this quarter. I’m just pretty numb at this point.
me searching for scholarships:
- me: *searching*
- scholarships: Hello, so you’d like scholarships?
- me: Yes, please. I have a 3.5 GPA. I'm working my butt of double majoring in neuroscience and psych. My goal is to get into med school so I can practice medicine in underserved areas.
- scholarship: Let’s see, you’re white.. that’s not going to do you any favors around here. You've never been in a foster home, and your parents make just about $100,000.
- me: Yes, but there is no way I can afford another year. And a lot of what my parents make goes to taking care of my grandmother who has Alzheimer’s. She can’t even walk anymore and can barely speak and..
- scholarships: Cry me a river. You don't know how tough life can be.
- me: I have an idea. I know what it's like to be starving and not knowing when the next meal will be. And I know what it's like to not feel safe in your own home because of an abusive alcoholic father. And...
- scholarship: Whatever. Come back when you're black.
- me: um...