word vomit/stream of conc.
if things went right for me-
* I’d finally get hired at hope so I can start working and saving up for being on my own after fall quarter. also I can probably finally get a credit card bc income. get that credit score up.
* I need to attend the CC for calc and hopefully get one of my two remaining GEs out of the way. OF COURSE first week of classes at the CC coincides w finals week at UCSC (thanks for that timing, life). BUT I only have one actual final. still waiting on one class, but everything else looks like to be just hella papers to turn in WHICH I can do if I keep on fucking track throughout this quarter. Hella papers and hella presentations. (I am scared shitless when it comes to talking in front of groups of people but I’m going to have to figure it out for this quarter.) Catalogue of classes comes out April 11th so then I can see if there is a chance for that. Otherwise, I am so fucked regarding graduating.
* I probably don’t have a shot in hell, but I applied for a position as a medical scribe. I know I would do a great job. It’s kind of exactly what I need right now, but of course there will be other applicants w actual previous experience. -_-
* If I pull an A in this seminar-type cell bio topics class, letter of rec here I come. I got an A- in cell bio w the same prof so that puts me in a good place.
Get my dev psychopathology prof to like me because that class is about EXACTLY WHAT I AM INTERESTED IN (except I’d like a little more neuro in it).
I may have won my sr seminar prof over already.
* I manage to stay away from tumblr and other unproductive interwebz enough to get all this done.
lolol at asking questions that you know the answer to just so you can talk to the TA
that awkward moment when a course on neuroscience is by far the easiest course of the quarter
So by the end of this I want you to realize that really we’re all just a bag of membranes with salt crossing back and forth. That’s really everything we do. That’s all it is, a bunch of salt going back and forth across the membrane.
- Dr. Feldheim
my neuroscience professor during lecture
deactivated my facebook
I MEAN BUSINESS
FUCKING COMING FOR YOU OCHEM & BIOCHEM
I need to write these thoughts out —
I have mentioned a few times that I think psych majors who think their classes are as difficult as ochem are hilarious. I still completely stand by it. The first time I said that, I posted it to my facebook. Of course there were a few psych majors that flipped
(— I had a particularly enjoyable laugh over this one girl who said “just because you took one psych class, doesn’t mean you can bash the whole major.” To which I responded with a list of all the psych classes I had taken up to that point. There were 8 or 9 classes. Way to jump to conclusions. OH AND THEN SHE UNFRIENDED ME. Good times. —-)
anyway, I got responses like “people are better at some things than others.” unfortunately, I don’t really remember any other responses, just the psych majors (no non-psych majors commented disagreeing with me… hmmm wonder why) that said I was “mean”.
So I guess I made certain psych majors feel stupid or something, and they weren’t okay with that so they had to defend their honor. (Even though they hadn’t spent 5 minutes in an ochem lecture.) **—> Well, today in ochem I was sitting in front of a group of people who were talking about the classes they were taking next quarter. One of them was talking about how he’s switching majors from neuroscience because it’s so easy. These classes are not easy for me. For example last, quarter, I struggled to get a B. BUT GUESS WHAT? I DIDN’T THINK OR SAY HE WAS MEAN. The fact is there are harder classes than the ones for neuro, and I am not going to freak out if someone points that out. Compared to that guy who was talking, I am not as intelligent academically. OBVIOUSLY. I don’t understand why I can hear comments like that and nod acceptingly while there are some psych majors who flip the fuck out when I say their major isn’t as hard as say, chemistry.
sooo relevant to my life right now
I have my genetics and organic chemistry midterms both on Thursday… starting at 8 AM.. in a row. I’m going to wear the same thing for the next 4 days, I don’t even care.
I studied for 12 hours yesterday. Twelve hours.
I always do this to myself. when will I learn hmmmm
this video got me through finals.. which I destroyed by the waaay
psych professor begins 1st lecture by talking about how “time is money” because we’re paying for an “extravagant education”, therefore he will always start on time and attendance is crucial and blah blah.
then he proceeds to ask people about their winter break, and I get to listen to 10 people’s boring stories (okay, one of them was pretty awesome).
then he talks about what the course will be like and warns us the load will be intense since it is an upper div class.
then he lets us leave.
He lets us leave ~25 minutes after lecture began.
The lecture is supposed to be 1 hr 45 min.
"Time is money"?!
put this research paper off until literally the day before and
I am kickin itz bootay
AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I DON’T TAKE PSYCHOLOGY CLASSES OR PSYCHOLOGY MAJORS SERIOUSLY. THIS IS WHY YOU FOOLS. A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD CAN PROBABLY DO WELL IN THIS MAJOR.
thank god I am a double major. if psychology was my only major, I would die of boredom. hah I clearly have a favorite major - gooo neurooo.
edit: 193/200 points
this ‘education’ system is ridiculous..